Twenty trees planted for every print purchased
Preserving the places that matter most
We all have places we care about. A place can be synonymous with a person we love, a milestone in our lives, or even a part of our identity. Our goal is to protect these places that make us who we are. We've partnered with Ecologi and the Eden Reforestation Projects to plant twenty trees for every print you purchase so you can showcase your life's journey while you preserve the places you love.
Why is forest restoration important?
- As carbon dioxide in our atmosphere accumulates, our National Forests are essential in filtering out pollutants and providing clean, breathable air.
- Wildfires are the biggest threat to our forests. 80 percent of reforestation is necessary due to wildfires.
- The other 20 percent of reforestation efforts are to combat forest loss due to insects, disease, and other causes.
So how exactly do trees help?
- A single mature tree can remove 10 pounds of air pollutants annually.
- An acre of healthy, mature trees can store six tons of carbon dioxide.
- Our forests generate fresh water which supplies drinking water to 123 million Americans.
- Up to 90 percent of all land animals live in or around forest habitats, making our trees a vital part of our ecosystem.
What is our impact so far?
The trees we've planted so far will sequester over 5 tons of CO2, and create over 20 tons of breathable oxygen.
Whose idea was this anyway?
We're Jim and Stephanie Thompson, the co-founders of Bearings Brand. We're a brother-sister team, Jim being the much, much older of the two of us (thanks Steph). Bearings is a way for us to make things we're excited about, and help the planet while we do it. We appreciate you taking the time to learn more about what we're doing and why we're doing it, and hope you feel as passionate as we do about protecting the places you love.